Students worry so much about their failures because they feel that just because of this single failure they are not going to get their dream job or university (college), which is absolutely wrong. Do not let your failures hinder your performance or achieving anything in life. These failures must not convince you that you cannot achieve your goals. Failing in exam does not mean that you are less than anyone who has performed better than you exams.
How to handle such scenario- Advices for students
- The students should: Consider all possible priorities, resources and problems and Follow a stabilized routine at home.
- Should not envision extreme consequences and worst circumstances. Should not amplify failure or degrade self.
- Stay connected with the teachers or counselors when feeling low or worried or disinterested.
- Cultivate alternative managing strategies and de -emphasis from the pain.
- Relax your mind. Be positive and hope for the best.
- Talk to family and friends. Stop worrying. Outcome is not the final influential factor.
- Go for the options available. Find out and update with wide and diverse choices. Your decision should not be influenced by others.be true to yourself. Don’t forget your strengths and your capabilities and your own choices.
Steps required to study with concentration:
- Eliminate Interruptions: choose a place to study which is interruption free. Where you have lowest noise pollution, your study place is the last place to be interrupted by the guests
- You need to utilize the time of the day which suits you the best, in which you feel fresh and can easily grasp whatever you study. Researchers have proved that 60 minutes study at morning is equivalent to 90 minutes study at night.
- You need to focus on the ongoing task and it must be given the utmost priority. We should try and keep ourselves away from the distractions. For instance, you must study for the time you had previously decided without peeping into your notifications on your Facebook account.
- Set Goals: decide how long you are going to study and what subjects you need to complete before you leave your study table. Always stick to the planned goals.
- Positive attitude: keep no phrase in dictionary like “I cannot do it” or it cannot be achieved.
- Rest/Stretch time: take breaks to walk around. Short walks pump blood supply to your brains which eventually increases supply of oxygen to your mind and increases understanding and concentration.
- Changing the subject: Keep changing the subjects you study. Do not study the same subject for long hours. If you change subject then you absorbs more points than keep studying the same subject and getting fed up of that.
- Reward yourself: give yourself small treats for achieving the goal. It will keep you happy and fulfilled