CHANGES COMING THROUGH BILL
1. Once the bill is passed in the parliment, the common final year MBBS exam will be known as the National Exit Test ( NEXT), which will be going to serve as a licentiate exam for entrance to PG Medical courses and screening test for foreign medical graduates.
2. This bill states that the National Entrance Test i.e. NEET, Common Counselling and NEXT, will going to applicable to Institutes of National (INIs) like AIIMS to have a common standards in the country. These institutions conduct their exams individually. After passing this bill, these institutions can't conduct individually.
3. The National Medical Commission will regulate the fees and all other charges for 50 percent seats in private medical colleges and deemed universities.
4. The Medical Assessment and Rating Board (MARB) will conduct an assessment to the medical colleges and develop a system of ranking of medical colleges which would enable the students to choose the medical college wisely.
5. These measures will ensure a transparent admission process and also bring down admission fees.
IMPLEMENTATION OF NMC BILL
1. The National Medical Commission will have 4 autonomous board are:-
Graduate Medical Education Board
Post Graduate Medical Education Board
Medical Assessment and Rating Board
Ethics and Medical Registration Board
2. NMC and the other respective boards will ensure that they will provide dynamic and modern educational environment. They will achieve the norms in global standards and an mechanism.
3. The strength of Autonomous Board has been increased from 3 to 5 and it includes 2 part-timers One of them will be a doctor selected by Government and the other will be elected doctor from the State Medical Council.
4.The Medical Assesment and Rating Board will grant permission for new medical colleges starting of PG Courses and increase of seats based on the standards set by the UG and PG boards.
PROTEST AGAINST NMC BILL
Many of doctors shows there displeasure towards this bill, they start protesting against this bill. According to the protestant, they said, "It's not only about forming a new medical body,but some of the changes introduced by NMC bill is total ridiculous". Many other changes will come in medical sector through NMC Bill. Medical Fartenity opposing this bill and protesting against it.
The National Medical Commission brings lot of changes in whole medical faternity. There will be some major changes in medical field like; AIIMS and JIPMER could be ruled out, changes in question paper sequence, lot of negative markings, syllabus could be change, etc. But, don't focus on these things, focus on studies only and prepare well.